How to Become a Security Officer
Benefits of Being a Security Officer
– The Security Industry is a necessary function and will always require more manpower
– Career Progression is straightforward and attainable
– Not just a man’s job, women are allowed to work as security officers too!
– Low Educational Requirements (Basic English Speaking, Reading and Writing Skills Still Required)
– No Age Limit (As long as deemed healthy enough to work)
Progressive Wage Model – Minimum Guaranteed Pay Exclusive of Incentives and Bonuses
Step 1: Security Clearance from PLRD
To be able to work as a Security Officer the most important thing that you need is the Security Officer License and to apply for a Security Officer License, you need to get security clearance by the Police Licensing & Regulatory Department (PLRD)
Login to Gobusiness Licensing with your Singpass
– Refer to our Step-by-Step Guide on how to apply for your PLRD License
– Payment of $16 application fee and a wait time of 2 weeks
Step 2: Security Training Courses
You will have to successfully complete 3 Basic Licensing Units (BLU) to obtain your security license
1. Provide Guard & Patrol Services + Access Control Management
2. Handle Security Incidents and Services
3. Recognise Terrorist Threat (Threat Observation)
For more information about our courses, Call or Whatsapp our training centre @9825 8394.
If you have prior experience in the Singapore Police Force (SPF) or Military Police, you may be eligible for exemption from certain training courses. You may view any exemptions under training status from your PLRD License application.
Step 3: Collection of Security ID Card
After completing your security training, you will be able to book an appointment to collect your security ID card.
– Login to USE Customer Service Centre Portal with your Singpass
– Fill up your details and choose a timing to pick up your security ID card
USE Customer Service Centre
200 Jalan Sultan #03-24
Contact number: 63346393
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
Last Tuesday of the Month: 9 am – 1 pm
Closed on Public Holidays, Saturdays, and Sundays